12.31.2005

wish i was there

So it has occurred to me that the reason for my many-month absence from blogging here is that I had promised to post more vacation pics. But like the lazy slacker that I am, I had not formatted and cropped the second batch of vacation pics. And somehow, I couldn't return to blogging until the vacation pics were posted.

So finally I did. And here are vacation pics, so I can get to blogging about my shiny new iPod, which is what I really want to do. Plus, when are pictures of sunny locales better than in the middle of dreary Ohio winter? Yeah, that's what I thought.

The pool area of the ship.

One of the decks, and also where we would get on the lifeboats if the ship were to, say, hit an iceberg.

The other pool. This one was under a retractable roof. Some sun got through but I liked it much better than frying on the deck. It was also adults-only, which means no belly-flop contests and other such hijinks.


The observation tower-lounge thingy on the ship.

What would a bunch of pictures from a cruise be without one of FOOD? This was from the Grand Buffet.


Space shuttle replica at Cape Canaveral.


Back end of large rocket type thing.


From the rocket garden (I think it has a more official name but I can't remember).


Key West, you are so warm and pretty and full of shopping. Do you need any more online people? Do you?


The place is seriously so damn cute.


Doggy!


The famous La Concha hotel.


Sloppy Joe's. We stopped there for drinks after shopping. Along with every other tourist in Key West. Still, it was nice.


A worthy slogan.


The area we went shopping at Grand Bahama Island.


More of the shopping center. What you can't really get from the picture is that we were FRYING HOT at about this point.


From the boat we took to get to the shopping.


A very untropical picture. This was as we were leaving the port of Baltimore. It really looked like the top of the ship was going to hit the bridge. People were all ducking. It was fun and hilarious.

No comments: