10.01.2006

Virginia 2

All of my blog posts from now on are going to be scoring states. Okay, maybe not.

BUT I went to the Virginia wine festival yesterday and it was totally fun. That Virginia really knows how to party.

They had unlimited tastings at like a zillion wineries (we only made it through half the tents).

It reminded me that I once again live near wine country (because let's face it, while I think there were like one or two around Cincinnati, it's just not the spot for wine). Unlike Lake Erie vineyards, which grow hardy stuff like Catawba and Concord (and have had recent success with ice wine) though, the Virginia ones actually attempt some more ambitious varietals.

There were actually a few good cabs, although all the pinot noirs were pretty disastrous. I think maybe they started growing them after Sideways, which means it's probably going to be awhile before they're any decent.

In other news, I washed and waxed my car today and it is like, frighteningly shiny. Like the sun hit it and it was blinding. Then I decided I had to stay in my apartment or walk places for the rest of the day because I didn't want to get it dirty.

No comments: